Filosofi Kopi (Coffee Shop)


Filosofi Kopi, a coffee shop that is located on Blok M Square, is a coffee shop that named after a novel and movies by Dee Lestari, Filosofi Kopi and Filosofi Kopi 2. This coffee shop is owned by Rio Dewanto and Chicco Jerikho, the previous actors of Filosofi Kopi film. I have ever seen one of Filosofi Kopi shops beside on South Jakarta, located on Yogyakarta. I came here at night after shopping and thought about drinking coffee with my friend -lol-. There are many coffees in their menu, espresso based like caffe latte, flat white, piccolo, cappuccino, javanesia, macchiato, moccacino, and black coffee like long black and espresso, non coffee drinks like red velvet latte, green tea latte, and chocolate. They also have snacks like apple crumbled pie, chocolate pie, french fries, fried cassava, churros, pancake, and others -you can check them by yourself for sure- haha.


I ordered caffe latte and for me the taste was good. I would give 8.5 out of 10. I also ordered some snacks like french fries and churros and the taste was 8 out of 10. This coffee shop only has snacks, so make sure that you are not hungry enough when you come here.




The ambience and the nuance of this coffee shop were totally good cause inside the coffee shop you will see some decorations of coffee quotes. You are also not allowed to smoke inside the coffee shop -which for me is a good thing, because you will not smoke passively-, but you can smoke outside the coffee shop while you are enjoying the view of Blok M Square.



This coffee shop also provides Filosofi Kopi merchandise like T-shirts and wallets. There is no wifi inside and you can only pay in cash - this one is bad for me because I rarely have cash haha- and I did not ask why they do not accept card, hope next time they also accept card payment, so make sure you have cash. The price in this coffee shop is medium price. I only spent about Rp 116,000, including tax, for 2 caffe latte, 1 french fries, and  1 churros.

This coffee shop is totally a should place to go. The coffee shop is always crowded by visitors. There are a lot of youngsters coming here, even I met Arie Kriting Stand Up Comedy and Kak Seto here. If you want to spent time by chit chatting with your friends and having quality time together -not for free wifi-, you should totally go here and give it a try.


So here is the conclusion of my review. Happy jajan!

Price          : Medium
Nuance       : Good
Taste          : 8.5/10
Wifi            : No
Smoking     : No

Payment     : Cash only
Open hours : 11.00 A.M.- 11.00 P.M. (Monday-Sunday)
Location      : Filosofi Kopi Melawai

Comments