K-Mart (Korean Supermarket)

It was Sunday morning, my friend and I decided to go to a supermarket. It was not a usual supermarket as I usually visit. I visited a Korean supermarket, called K-Mart. K-Mart is located at Dharmawangsa, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. It is right in front of The Dharmawangsa Square. K-Mart sells a lot of goods, mostly from Korea, of course. The visitors are mostly from Korean expatriates. The most important thing is that the owner is originally from Korea, so he is a Korean.

There are a lot of stations here like meat station, vegetable station, fruit station, ice cream and frozen food station, instant and packed food station, Korean cookingware station, and the most interesting is the streetfood station. First you come in, you will see a bread station. There are a lot of kinds of bread from plain bread to the filled one.


At the back side, there are fruit station and vegetable station. There is no special vegetable or fruit sold there, but some of them are the vegetables and fruits which you can not find easily at the ordinary market.



The next station is the instant and packed food station. Most of the food are from Korea. There is Korean seaweed, Korean noodle, Korean sauce, Korean snacks, Korean drinks, Korean sesame, Korean spices, and many more.



Even there is my favorite food from Korea. SAMYANG! Of course, there is Samyang. Even the price of Samyang is cheaper than the other markets tho. I love it. It also sells non halal food at the other racks.


The next is the ice cream sation. The station has ice creams which you can not find easily at other markets such as Milo ice cream, KitKat ice cream, fish shaped ice cream, and many more. Love them so much!



I also found Korean cake station and Kimchi station. There are a lot of cakes and I chose to try a cake made from sticky rice flour with hint of vegetable called Ssuk Chaltok from Korean cake station. I also chose Ketnip Jorim from Kimchi station.


Ssuk Chaltok literally has hint of vegetable, you should give it a try tho. Even I will say that I am not a fan of that because it really tastes like vegetable. The cake named Ssuk Chaltok. Ssuk means an aromatic plant or in English called mugwort. That is why the tastes of Ssuk Chaltok is like you are eating a raw vegetable with strong aroma. It was actually a new taste for me and it was great for trying that although it was not my favorite.

The next is Ketnip Jorim from kimchi station. So, for your information if you do not know, kimchi has a lot of types. One of them is the most popular kimchi made from Chinese cabbage that we usually see from Korean drama called 
Tongbaechu Kimchi. I have tried eating kimchi many times especially the Tongbaechu, but Kkaenip was new for meKetnip Jorim or Kkaenip Kimchi is another type of kimchi. 

Ketnip Jorim is made from kkaenip or perilla which has taste like mint. When you eat this, you will start crying because it tastes like mint and really hot. Guess my first bite? I quickly spat it. For me, this Ketnip Jorim is not edible because it is too hot and sadly my friends and I had to throw away this food, because none of us can eat this. If you dare enough to eat Ketnip Jorim, you should give it a try. The great thing is that it was nice to try kkaenip because it gave me another level of my eating story. (Sumpah ya Allah ini teh pedes banget kayak makan pepsodent :') )


After I bought ssuk chaltok and ketnip jorim, I visited the station that I really wanted to try. The streetfood station, of course! It is located at the backside of the K-Mart. It sells Korean food which is ready to be eaten 
there.



The streetfood station sells some of Korean food. There are tokpoki, rapoki, odeng, gimbab, ramen, udon, tokmandu, corndog, dumpling, and many drinks. I ordered tokpoki with price Rp 35,000 and odeng with price Rp 10,000. The taste of tokpoki was good. I did not expect that the portion of tokpoki will be bigger than I thought. The taste of odeng was really nice. I love it so much especially the broth. It tasted sweet and savory. I will definitely give it another try.





Other nice thing that you can have at this station is that you can have free mineral water for drinking. You can take it by self service. The streetfood station is small, so you have to wait for dine in if the station is crowded. You can see from the picture below (from top, clockwise) the Korean food that I ate for my breakfast at K-Mart. I ate ketnip jorimtokpoki, ssuk chaltok, and odeng. I also bought some Korean food from the market for example Korean seaweed and Korean sesame.


So here is the conclusion of my review of K-Mart especially the streetfood station. Happy jajan!


Price          : Medium
Nuance       : Nice and crowded
Taste          : 8/10
Wifi            : No

Payment     : Cash 
Open hours : 08.00 A.M.- 08.00 P.M. (Monday-Sunday)
Location      : K-Mart

Comments